Monday, August 16, 2010

Two first dates

Sorry it's been "so long" since I've updated -- after posting so frequently I guess a week seems like a long time!

Last week I had two first dates with two very nice guys, but they were very different. The first guy, R, is a journalist and he was very sweet. We met for coffee but also got dessert, and we chatted for a long time -- but I just didn't feel any chemistry with him. I kept thinking how much I'd love to be friends with him (and actually thought that I'd love to set him up with a friend of mine). The problem now is that I don't know how to tell him this. He texted me a couple days later, but I didn't see the text til 2 days after THAT, so I texted him back from before Shabbos and told him I had a busy weekend and we'd be in touch this week -- haven't heard from him again. Thoughts about what to do next? I don't actually have his email (just his inbox though the SYAS site, which seems very impersonal to use) but I don't want to be crude and close the match without talking to him first. Like I said, he was very sweet and an interesting guy.

The other guy seems way more promising. We met for drinks but ended up sharing a salad and a dessert as well, and sat for over 2 hours. If body language says anything he was VERY interested because if had leaned over the table any more he would have bumped into my head! He was funny, and interesting, and asked me a lot of questions about myself. And interrupted me at one point to tell me how pretty I am (which made me blush). He walked me home and held my hand along the way. And e-mailed me that night to say what a great time he had -- and called the next day (!) to ask me out again! So yes, we are going out tonight -- to a light dinner and then a play in the Village that a friend of a friend is putting on. Which means it's a "not your typical" 2nd date, so he totally wins extra points for that. :-)

Both of these guys were from SYAS. On the Frumster point, I've still been emailing the same few guys, nothing new or interesting -- a couple guys have asked for my number or tried to set up something to meet, but honestly I haven't felt like getting there (and haven't had time!) -- there's one guy who works in my hospital that I might meet for coffee in our coffeeshop only b/c I feel like I know him and he keeps asking and otherwise it might be awkward when I do eventually run into him. And now explain this to me: WHY are there 60 and 70 year-old men looking at my profile?? Ew, GROSS. Stop. Nasty. You shouldn't even be LOOKING at my profile. Unless you have a super cute 30 year old grandson or something you want to introduce me to. Just YUCK.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so happy that your date went well. I can't wait to hear how tonight's date goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, the 60 and 70 year old men like to just look at profiles. They even looked at my JDate profile for awhile (which was inordinately disturbing, seeing as how I'm a guy, into women). Now, with that out of the way, hope the date is going well and the play is interesting. I'll hopefully hear about it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete