Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rude People

So this guy from Boston -- who describes himself as "the life of the party. I like to laugh and have a good time. I also have a tendancy to be intense, at times. I constantly look for ways to grow and improve myself and the relationship between myself and my Creator. I'm pretty chilled out. This is very hard to write...(sic)" (so clearly he was trying to fill up the required space) -- sent me an icebreaker last week. I ignored it, I didn't particularly like his profile. He sent me another one today. So I write back this time, and said in what I thought was a nice manner that I usually don't respond to icebreakers -- as stated in my profile -- and that if he'd like to communicate with me to please write me a real email. I also said that I don't usually like long-distance things (also stated in my profile, where I say that my ideal guy "doesn't live more than a quick train ride away, but I didn't remind him of that in today's reply) but to please tell me why he thought we might be good together. Or something like that. I don't remember the exact words.

His reply: "Get over yourself."

WTF?!

3 comments:

  1. Loves the Garden StateAugust 5, 2010 at 4:42 PM

    Don't let it bother you. He's not looking for something serious, because if he was, he would have responded more politely - even if he decided that you were too "high-maintenance" (not that I think you were, btw).

    And if that is how he responds to something, you certainly wouldn't want to be with him anyway - because as your post title accurately described it, that's just rude.

    But it makes for a nice blog post, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I only replied at all b/c people on the blog were urging me not to ignore all the icebreakers and he had sent two of them -- but seriously, what a jerk, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loves the Garden StateAugust 6, 2010 at 2:47 PM

    Well, you have to do what feels right to you, whether it's replying or not replying.

    And yeah, most definitely a jerk!

    ReplyDelete