Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Jew Wish

So that's the name of the show that we went to see as part of my 2nd date with S the other night -- and it was so funny! The link is below, go see it if you get a chance. It's a one-woman show all about J-dating. She pokes fun at many of the things you and I hate about online dating -- like the fact that all the guys think they should post pictures with kids (their nieces & nephews, or friends' kids, or random kids off the street) b/c that makes them more attractive. Or the non-Jews who join the sites. Or our parents who offer to pay for us to join Jewish dating sites b/c they just want us to be happy already. Here's the link: http://www.jewwishtheshow.com/ Super funny.

The date, meanwhile -- terrific. We met for a quick dinner (falafel -- yummy -- my Mom would love this place!) and then headed to the show. Afterward we got a drink nearby the theater and then came home, and yes, he came inside for a bit. That's all I will tell you. But we clearly both had a great time, and after nearly 7 hours together I don't think either of us wanted the date to end. The conversation flowed easily, he makes me laugh and is clearly interested in what I have to say. He commented at one point that I am a very "relaxed and calm" person and I nearly cracked up b/c that is NOT how most people would describe me -- I said it must be a compliment to HIM if that's the side that he's bringing out in me! And yes, he already called the next day to find out when he can see me again.

So far, so good....I'll keep you posted. :-)

1 comment:

  1. As always, I enjoy living vicariously through you. Just let me know when its time to get the finger puppet show ready. :)

    ReplyDelete