Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm such a bad blogger!

Life's been busy, what can I say? Although I don't take overnight call anymore, which is amazing, my job has gotten very busy. I'm supposed to spend 30% of my time doing "clinical" work -- which means seeing patients or precepting residents -- but that means another few hours a week documenting my patient encounters, filling out school forms, preparing for the hours I spend teaching, sitting in staff meetings, helping residents with journal clubs, etc, etc. Then I'm also filling in for someone who's on maternity leave for our big conversion to an electronic medical record for the inpatient units, and that takes up anywhere from 6-26 more hours of my time a week (I keep track so I can get paid for it!). On top of THAT, I started classes this week for my Master's degree (because what pediatrician doesn't need another degree?!). And oh yeah, there's this tiny thing called my pediatric boards in only 31 days (!!!). Plus I was home in Alabama for 8 days last week. Don't even ask me when I'm actually getting any WORK done for what is supposed to be a RESEARCH fellowship.

If those things weren't enough to keep a gal busy, there's this tiny thing of having a wonderful new boyfriend with whom I wish I could spend all of my free time. Because -- let's face it -- the two of us could seriously spend hours upon hours together and be perfectly happy. We can just sit and talk, or hang out, or whatever. It's so great. Even when I was home and we would talk on the phone, we would actually TALK -- it's still well over an hour most nights when we don't see each other -- and it's not just "how was your day" kind of a thing. When I got back in town on Monday, I had classes until after 7pm and he was waiting for me in front my apartment building and came running up to see me -- and neither of us could stop smiling. Last night I was SOOOO exhausted from a long week (and not sleeping well for a few nights), so he cooked me dinner and I basically fell asleep on his lap on my couch watching bad TV. And he was fine with that as well. We've talked about the fact that things are kinda moving quickly -- and that while neither of us would usually go for that, we are both okay with it because if feels right. But we aren't rushing things by any means, just letting things move naturally.

I can't really describe to you how amazing I feel now compared to how I felt a year ago. Last year on Rosh Hashanah, I was with J6 -- at his house, with his Mom who hated my guts, and I knew I was unhappy with the situation but I kept trying to make it better. This year I was home with my family, which was great (I hadn't been home for R"H since the year of Hurricane Katrina). I'm in a great job, and I physically feel really good. I'm also very happy, and comfortable, and in a relationship with someone who make me feel so good about myself. I want to see him and talk to him and spend more time with him -- and get to know him, and his friends and his family, and everything like that.

So now that I hopefully won't have any entertaining dating stories to tell, what else would y'all like to hear about? I'll try to be a little better about blogging than I have been the past few weeks, but give me some suggestions. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment