Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What sorts of details?

My friend, LMG, told me she wanted more details about how good things with S are, other than me just stating that I'm in a great relationship. What kinds of details? Last week was the holiday of Succot. We both stayed in the city for the holiday, although none of our other friends did (I was on call over the weekend so needed to be here as of Friday night, and the holiday started Wednesday night and ran right into Shabbat).

So Wednesday night we ate a pre-paid dinner at a restaurant near my apartment, which was lovely and kind-of romantic. Thursday I got up and studied and then we both left early afternoon when I went to meet my board study group on the East Side, and then he met me over there that evening and we went to a dinner at a restaurant there hosted by the Chabad on the UES (where strangely I met the guy who taught me Hebrew in 3rd grade at the Jewish Day School in Alabama! But otherwise the event was full of people we wouldn't otherwise socialize with. However, a lovely walk home from York and E. 84th to Columbus and W. 97th). Friday he slept while I studied, then left after lunch but came back for Shabbos dinner. Saturday morning he left when I had to leave for the hospital (I had babies to go round on) -- and I specifically told him NOT to come over on Saturday night, since I had work to do, and TV to catch up on. Sunday morning I went to round on babies again, and had a patient to see in the office, and came home to do my biostatistics homework. We had planned to go out around 1pm, but I was still working on my homework. He came over around 2:30pm but I was still working, so he watched a football game until I was done -- and then we went down to Little Italy, where there was a street festival going on. It was so fun -- ate a chocolate covered cannoli, yum! And a great dinner, and then there was a concert of some Rat Pack impersonators. But huge points b/c it was something he had researched, and it got me out of the house even when I was tired, and it was different.

And do you see what happened here? We spent 4 out of 5 nights together -- with no other people around -- and it was so fun, and easy, and relaxed, and enjoyable. There was no TV on (except for that football game on Sunday), nothing else we were doing other than being with each other. Sometimes we were talking (or families, our pasts, our dreams, our goals, whatever -- anything and everything) -- or just chatting idly. And lots of laughing. But we are just so happy together -- never bored with each other. And then again, he came over Monday night -- but he knows that on Monday nights, we order in food and watch TV b/c I have super long days on Mondays and I'm too tired to do anything else. And he gets that. Which is pretty amazing.

4 comments:

  1. My friends have complained that I'm better at talking about my relationships when there is something wrong with them, then when things are going great. One once said to me something to the effect of, "I was with you through all the bad stuff, now that you're happy, I need to hear about the good stuff too!".
    I'm thrilled to hear that you've found a great guy who makes you feel good. Keep writing about whatever you want, but know that we (as readers, and friends) love hearing any stories you want to share. Chag sameach!Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your dating stories no matter good or bad. They are always experiences that we can see through you. Thank you for your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! 4 out of 5 days is a very high frequency! Glad to hear such happy stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loves the Garden StateOctober 17, 2010 at 9:43 PM

    Little updates every so often about the relationship would be nice to hear/read. So happy that things seem to be going so well.

    Good luck on your boards - let's hear about that some, too, when all is said and done. And any interesting patients you can disguise so as not to violate HIPAA

    ReplyDelete