Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So I Tried....

I decided to try something a little outside my usual "comfort zone" and attended a big singles' event the other night with a friend of mine. Tu B'Av is a date on the Jewish calendar, kind of like Valentine's Day, that's supposed to be a good date for meeting your soulmate (Bashert) and historically singles would wear white and meet in the open space of town.

So everyone wore white and we got numbers and were set to mingle. Armed with a drink, or course. There were WAY too many people there and it was kind of hard to meet people, but my friend and I tried to introduce ourselves and walked around and put ourselves out there and all (she was way better at it than I am, btw). The strangest part was when this buy comes over to me and says "Hi, are you E? Aren't you a Doctor? But you aren't from here, right?" It was kinda spooky. Turns out I had been emailing with him on Frumster/JWed just last week and had been about to give him my # and then he went out of town for the weekend.

We chatted for a bit, he was nice and cute (his pic on the site is blurry, actually, so I never would have recognized him). Spoke to him a few times during the night and I promised to give him my number so we could actually talk and go out.

Didn't have much luck with anyone else, though. You should take a look at my friend's blog ("Little Match Girl," link to it on the right side) for one obnoxious guy she met. Did get to hang out with some new friends I've made over the past few months, though, and generally had a good time and stayed out later than I thought I would.

And meanwhile, I email the guy with a "It was so nice meeting you, here's my number, maybe we can meet for coffee in the next week" kind of thing. He writes me back today (36 hrs after the event started, okay?) saying this:
"Great meeting you and your friend. I actually met someone that night and we just started dating. I am not one that dates a couple of girls at the same time. I hope you understand and I wish you all the best of luck." Really?! In less than 36 hours you've become completely exclusive with someone? That's AMAZING! I'm shocked and in awe and kind of impressed. And also don't believe him. Do you??

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, thats a little crazy! I mean maybe the Tu B'Av magic really got them, in a way that would be nice to believe right? If not, then forget about him and move on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! crazy! i guess he found "the one"!

    ReplyDelete